Translate

Monday, July 24, 2017

Please Don't Leave

People who face discrimination, prejudice, and bigotry because of their gender identity, sexual orientation, or relationship diversities usually struggle at some point in their lives with the unjust limitations on their life as well as self-doubt and despair.

If you are in crisis or having thoughts of suicide or self-harm, I urge you to contact the appropriate resource for your location:

http://www.suicide.org/international-suicide-hotlines.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_suicide_crisis_lines

US: 1-800-273-8255 - National Suicide Prevention Lifeline


Recently, one of my contacts informed me that her reunion GSA partner took his own life. This is heartbreaking!

If you’re in such a state of mind yourself, please know that there is hope. Please do not harm yourself!!!

In addition to the hotlines linked above, you are always welcome to write to me. I’m not a licensed or trained therapist our counselor, but you can vent to me all you want. Unload. Scream. Growl. Cry. Do what you need to do to express your hurt and frustration. Is there one or more special someones in your heart? Tell me how much you love and want the person or people those around you say you shouldn’t. Tell me what you love about them. No condemnation from me... only support and understanding, and I never share with anyone else what someone shares with me privately. I can be reached at fullmarriageequality at protonmail dot com at on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/fullmarriageequality

Also, if you’re in a consanguinamorous relationship, have been, or are an ally, you should join us at Kindred Spirits, where you will find support and see that you’re not alone.

YOU ARE NOT ALONE AND YOU ARE NOT WRONG FOR HAVING YOUR FEELINGS!

I know it can seem hopeless at times, but it isn’t. Things will get better. There are good times ahead.

Whatever your religious beliefs or lack thereof, this is the only life we can have absolute certainty that we have. Have you ever talked with a person who is in their 70s, 80s, 90s, or even older about how fast time has slipped by? Most of them will tell you that life is short. It feels like it has gone by in an instant. Life is short as it is, so please don’t make it shorter.

Please don’t leave.
— — —

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this information. The fact is, we never know who is struggling with these thoughts. Most people don't talk about this issue. They like to keep it private. This is a good way for people to learn where they can get help if they need it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, one time I was attracted to a family member. I am always upset because of consanguinamophobia in today’s society. Every time I always get upset my chest starts to hurt, I want to yell, clench my fists, and I feel like crying. Every time I am always upset, I go onto your blog to make myself feel better, and when I found out that you have websites, such as RAINN as an advice for abusive relationships, I always get even more upset because RAINN is so consanguinamophobic that the website thinks that consensual incest is always abusive. An organization that is also has that same phobia is Amnesty International, which is a human rights organization, that supported this horrendous movement in France called metooinceste that wanted to re-criminalize incest, even if it was between consenting adults. Luckily, France did not re-criminalize consenting relations between relatives, they just criminalized relations with a minor or an abusive relationship.

    I think that any of these websites that I have mentioned should be investigated by the FBI because these are hurting the people who are in consensual relationships between relatives around the world, including in the states New Jersey and Rhode Island.

    Also, there is this event in Luxembourg where they are considering to re-criminalize incest even between consenting adults because they think that it is abusive.

    All of this consanguinamophobia is just ruining my happiness every day. Is there any advice you have for me to help ruin the negative feelings? And also, can you tell Jane Doe and all other activists to make a petition that is multi language to stop the criminalization of consanguinamory in Luxembourg?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there Anonymous. I already read the article, and it is made in 2021. I looked up at the 2021 penal code of Luxembourg and it says that incest is against the law if there is molestation or sexual assault. Consensual relations between any relative who are adults are still legal in Luxembourg.

    ReplyDelete

To prevent spam, comments will have to be approved, so your comment may not appear for several hours. Feedback is welcome, including disagreement. I only delete/reject/mark as spam: spam, vulgar or hateful attacks, repeated spouting of bigotry from the same person that does not add to the discussion, and the like. I will not reject comments based on disagreement, but if you don't think consenting adults should be free to love each other, then I do not consent to have you repeatedly spout hate on my blog without adding anything to the discourse.

If you want to write to me privately, then either contact me on Facebook, email me at fullmarriageequality at protonmail dot com, or tell me in your comment that you do NOT want it published. Otherwise, anything you write here is fair game to be used in a subsequent entry. If you want to be anonymous, that is fine.

IT IS OK TO TALK ABOUT SEX IN YOUR COMMENTS, BUT PLEASE CHOOSE YOUR WORDS CAREFULLY AS I WANT THIS BLOG TO BE AS "SAFE FOR WORK" AS POSSIBLE. If your comment includes graphic descriptions of activity involving minors, it's not going to get published.